- This event has passed.
Talent with a Disability – Sources and Successful Programs
December 4, 2012 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am| Free
The Silicon Valley Business Leadership Network (SVBLN) is an employer-led networking resource that uses a business-to-business model to share best practices that change attitudes to proactively include people with disabilities in the workplace, marketplace, and supply chain. The SVBLN (www.siliconvalleybln.org) is an affiliate of the US Business Leadership Network (www.usbln.org)
Disability is THE emerging diversity dimension and requires strategic inclusion practices for success. Talent with a disability is a rich source of talent that often goes untapped. Did you know:
82% of all disabilities are acquired with age, illness or accidents and therefore will continue to grow at a rapid pace as a result of the aging workforce
- 88% of Americans prefer to give their business to employers who hire people with disabilities
- As customers, they have an annual buying power of $3 trillion and aggregate income of $220 billion
- Individuals with disabilities are the largest minority population; more than 65 million Americans, 20 million of working age.
Attend this high energy, results-oriented session where you will hear:
- Best practices hiring programs that specifically target people with disabilities
- Private-Public partnerships that work in the Bay Area
- A new staffing organization that leverages people with disabilities as the talent pool