- This event has passed.
SAP Autism at Work Event general session
March 27, 2014 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Recognizing the valuable abilities that people with autism bring to the workplace, SAP announced last year a unique initiative in partnership with Specialisterne, to train and employ more than 600 people on the autism spectrum worldwide. Building on the successful pilots that our Autism at Work Initiative launched in Germany, India and Ireland, we are pleased to announce that SAP Bay Area will onboard its first group of SAP colleagues with autism by April 1, 2014.
In recognition of this milestone, SAP would like to extend to you the most cordial invitation to our Autism at Work Awareness Event on March 27th, from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm, where we will have an opportunity to share with the community a wide range of topics spanning specifics about autism as well as motivation and details related to our Autism at Work Initiative.
This event will count with the participation of SAP executives, private and public sector distinguished guests and speakers including:
- Anka Wittenberg, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at SAP
- Dr. Simon Baron-Cohen, Professor of Developmental Psychopathology and Director of the Autism Research Centerat Cambridge University
- Dr. Rosalind Picard, Director of Affective Computing Research, Director of Autism & Communication Technology, Professor of Media Arts and Sciences at MIT Media Lab
- Thorkil Sonne, Social Entrepreneur, Specialisterne Founder and SAP global partner in the SAP Autism at Work Initiative
- Jose Velasco, Head, Autism at Work Initiative in the United States
- Gregory Yates, co-founder and board member of AASCEND.org (Autism, Asperger Syndrome Coalition for Education, Networking and Development)
To participate in the event, we kindly ask you to register here soon as possible as seating is limited.
The event will take place at the following location:
SAP Palo Alto, Building 1
3410 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304
T: (650) 849-4000
SAP Autism at Work Team